Monday 22 October 2012

Changes to Seraph City

Seraph City has been a bit of an enigma. It's a fantastic build of mostly Art Deco inspired buildings, but it's often so empty. Too many people come for events or to shop, and then go home elsewhere.

But more recently its profile has increased, partially through the regular events at the Java Jive and more recently through the Noir adventure story The Blackened Mirror. BM has certainly raised the awareness with people coming into the sim to try and unravel the mystery.

Other changes of a personal note though, in about the middle of the year I reluctantly demolished the Seraph Club. It had been idle and I thought it prudent that I save my lindens if I wasn't going to use it. But the city drew me back and I decided I would make more of an effort to have things happening there. It was gone long enough for its original spot to be taken, but some judicious pleading and bribery and the Seraph Club has a new home.

The Seraph Club, now located on Champagne Street
On top of that there's been a long running debate on a sim surround for Seraph City. I've always pushed for the idea, finding the streets ending in ocean a little odd for a city. To that end I've been tinkering with some prims in collaboration with our good Mayor.

Seraph City skyline
It's only temporary at this stage but with luck there'll be something more permanent soon.

Lastly, an offhand comment about all the buildings in Seraph City being either shops or nightclubs lead to the inspiration for a Police Station. Inspired by a picture of the Milwaukee Police Station

The exterior of the station

Squad car!
With two jail cells for reckless drivers or inebriates it should see some revenue from bail money. The interior is still progressing but should be finished soon.

0 comments: