Sunday 17 June 2007

With this ring...

Last night I completed a journey many months in the making. The road to this point was often bumpy, occasionally potholed, and early on suffered from the denial that the woman next to me on the road was actually travelling in the same direction.


High above Loch Avie, Christine and I were handfasted in front of a few close friends.


Miss Emilly Orr stood as my witness


While Christine's brother, TotalLunar Eclipse, stood as hers


Vows were exchanged


As were rings.


Sir Edward and Lady Pearse


We headed to the newly opened Steelhead Hotel and Ballroom


And danced the night away with many friends and others.


Before leaving on Miss Tombola's gift of a horse and gig.


And headed off to destinations away from Caledon and Steelhead for a weekend in each other's company (with a little light luggage).

My deepest thanks to all those who made this very special day possible and to all those who wished us well.

9 comments:

Emilly Orr said...

*laughs*

A little light luggage?!?

Eladrienne Laval said...

What a wonderful day you both had! Many congratulations to you and the new Lady Pearse!

Edward Pearse said...

You've seen how many outfit my dear wife has Emilly, that's LIGHT.

And thank you Miss Laval. I look forward to perusing your blog.

Unknown said...

Thank you both so much for sharing this wonderful moment with us.

Kira said...

Once more my congratulations!! My heart warms for you two and the happiness and love you share!

Gabrielle Riel said...

Gabrielle Riel in her best slurred and drunken tone says:

"I luv ya Man"

*grins*

My heart overflows with joy for you and Christine my Sweet Sir!

Hotspur O'Toole said...

Best of luck, you crazy kids...

Hey, Edward.. if you haven't found it already, here's the SLURL for the avatar shop we discussed yesterday, briefly:

http://slurl.com/secondlife/Magic%20Alley/47/111/25

The proprietor is a chap named WANDERS NOWHERE. I hope this arrives in time to be of assistance.

Yrs,

Hotspur

Virrginia Tombola said...

A joyous day, and thank you for sharing it with us.

(I love that picture of the two of you at the train station! Now, surely a man of your inventive genius could create a steam-powerd hover valise....)

Amber_Palowakski said...

Sorry I had to miss your wonderful day because of work. Congrats to you both!