Saturday 10 February 2007

An interesting week

It has been an interesting week for me around the place.

Most recently I had been given a commission to design a new badge for the incoming Sheriff of Steelhead City. I am told that the previous incumbent needs to take his with him as it has been enchanted to prevent him from turning into a demon. I think it's enchantment is wearing off.

So I had finally finished and I attended the weekly town meeting not only to present the new Sheriff with his badge but to also discuss the new "vision" for Steelhead after the old management have passed things on. I'm interested in opening a store here.


The town meeting.


Miss Emilly looking very purple.


The Presentation box


Inside


The badge itself


Some of the colourful citizens of Steelhead pose for a photo after the meeting

Then later in the week saw another of Prim & Proper's Rose Hunts. All rosebushes cost L$100 but you don't know what you've got until after you pay for it. I think I made up for having missed the last two by indulging in some retail therapy.


The rose frenzy. Not the place for hay fever sufferers.


Miss Midnight Bohemia picks up a few bargains

In addition to several pairs of shoes, some hats a cloak and a few things as upcoming gifts for some lady friends, I managed to scoop the pool as it were.


My new destrier


And my new hackney carriage. I was having a little trouble working out why I couldn't get the breaks off the carriage to get it rolling. I have since worked out it is a left-hand-drive vehicle. These strange American idiosyncrasies.

Mr Somme, another connoisseur of things military pointed my in the direction of a weapons smith who produced and extremely fine looking sabre



As I was about to leave the rose hunt Mr Abel and Miss McAllister mentioned they were on there way to the opening meeting of the new Tombstone group and would I care to join them? I had by this time changed into my British uniform but they suggested I could claim a position of official observer :-)


The Tombstone hall

I also had a quick visit to Avilion, one of the most beautiful creations I have seen.



0 comments: