Monday 5 February 2007

Caledon's Imbolc Ball and mermaid sightings

Friday night SLT saw the first Imbolc Ball to be held in Caledon. Hosted by Lady Amber Palowakski it saw a remarkable turn out in numbers including the not-so-much-reclusive-as-far-too-busy Desmond Shang.

The theme for the Ball was the old Celtic first day of Spring white white being the preferred colour for clothing. Not owning any white and having honestly forgotten about this until virtually the last minute, I don the uniform once again.



The Caledon Imbolc Ball.
Next to me is Miss Rosmairta Kilara.


Miss Eva Bellambi was my first dance partner for the evening.


Followed by The Honourable Kate Nicholas


The lovely Miss Figaro


And my next door neighbour from the Caledon Moors, Miss Vargas


I also managed to dance with Miss Cornelia, one of Caledon's clockwork constructions. For a machine weighing more than 200 pounds she certainly is light on her feet.


During the evening our benevolent Dictator unveiled the possible expansion plans for the Caledon Island (subject to demand). Much speculation ensued.


Afterwards I adjourned to Steelhead for some more relaxed dancing and had the good fortune to meet Miss Elaine Peterman, the owner of the Saloon in Sigil (another Western frontier town). The locals in Steelhead were in fine form with much witty banter and teasing remarks flowing freely. It felt just like home :-)

Not long before I was due to retire I heard word that a remarkable event might be near. Unconfirmed rumour were of sightings of a mermaid near the lake at Unity City. Racing to Chadbourne Innovations I acquired myself some equipment suitable for undersea viewing.




First sighting of the mythic creature.

Sadly some rather boisterous locals scared the creature off. Though I eventually caught up with her again at Empress Isle.

The island boasts a variety of ancient artefacts, many of which are beyond my understanding in their historic origin.





Finally however after sitting very still and making very quiet noises I was able to get the creature to come close enough to touch.



It's odd that a being that looks so much like us can be so different.

More adventures later.

0 comments: